People in group 4 will receive a notification from July 28 to be able to make a vaccine reservation. From the end of July, the vaccination program would really start to ramp up, Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins said.
Health authorities are expected to say whether or not there are new positive cases of Covid in the country.
It was a good day on the Covid front yesterday as the Department of Health did not report any new cases in managed isolation centers or in the community.
However, six sailors aboard the container ship Mattina, quarantined at the southern port of Bluff, are now officially included in New Zealand’s national Covid-19 tally.
The six crew members, along with three others reported on Tuesday, bring the total number of Mattina sailors affected by the virus to nine out of 21 staff.
A crew member previously reported to have Covid-19 has now recovered, the ministry confirmed.
The number of active cases in New Zealand was 56 when reported yesterday. Since the start of the year, there have been 99 historic cases of Covid – out of a total of 655 cases.
The seven-day moving average of new cases detected at the New Zealand border is five. While our total number of confirmed cases is 2,472.
Health officials said two of Mattina’s infected crew were taken from the ship to the emergency room at Southland Hospital yesterday. They have since returned to their ship.
“Officials, including public health, are now assessing whether the rest of the crew will remain on the ship throughout their quarantine period,” the statement said yesterday.
Additional tests carried out on the crew yesterday are to be made public today.
The Southern District Health Board already has plans in place for the management and treatment of any other crew that may give a positive result.
The health ministry also said it was awaiting further information on the source of the infection when genome sequencing is completed in the coming days.
Non-quarantine trips with New South Wales remain on hold and so far 38 people in New Zealand have been identified as having stayed at places of interest in Victoria and Queensland.
Of those, 36 underwent initial testing and gave negative results, and the results of the other two may also be known today.
More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2021-07-22 00:45:00